Mad Labs UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Based in Herborn, Germany
March 28, 2014
Apple App Store
To many people math is intimidating and boring, but Blackboard Madness: Math is designed as a casual learning game. The App allows everyone to practice math in a fun way and offers a seamless learning experience with the help of an action-filled gameplay. In each round, a math equation is shown to the player. Immediately afterwards a batch of possible solutions is flying onto the screen. The player has to react fast and slash the correct solution before it leaves the screen again. Think, react, slash, and repeat. This simple formula turns math into an addictive casual game. Blackboard Madness: Math has many features and it's visual appeal helps the player to lose the fear of numbers and become a friend of math. Funny and interesting facts about math round up the learning experience after each game.
The idea for this specific game originated somewhere around early 2011 when Marios and Szilard sat down over a cup of coffee to discuss their usual unusuals about work, life and everything else. Szilard was working full-time in finance and Marios was freelancing as a designer and studying. They decided to make a game just for fun and to learn something new. But what started out as a simple idea evolved into a quest to create fun and educational games for people of all ages. Their vision is to collaborate closely with educators and researchers to make the learning process more engaging and rewarding, and to advance conventional didactic approaches. In short, Mad Labs wants to "Make Smart Games".
- Action-filled and fast paced game play.
- Diverse math problems including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
- Different question types, like 5+4=?, 5+?=9, 5?4=9, ?=9, ?>9 or ?>5+4 and 5+4+3+...=?.
- Exercise your mental math skills, logic thinking and reaction.
- Bonus rounds add even more diversity and teach you the prime numbers and the Pi constant and Googol Number.
- Player statistics to track your performance and highscores.
- Level up and collect badges and achievements.
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Blackboard Madness: Math, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "None" - We would like some ;)
- "It may sound unbelievable, but trust me when I say that this app turns math into an addictive casual game. [...] It is also useful for older kids and adults who want to keep their minds sharp."
- Author: Camila Amanda, geekswithjuniors (EN)
- Score: 9.5/10 "Amazing" - "Practicing math is now officially fun."
- Author: Jullian Bizri, The Bizri - Professional Mobile Application Reviews (EN)
- "This is a great test of mental maths skills, logic thinking and reaction. It's like Live Mathletics on speed [...] to make you feel like a martial arts maths black belt."
- Author: Simon Jary, Best maths apps for children - apps that help teach kids maths - PC Advisor (EN)
- Score: 6.6/10 - "Blackboard Madness: A Best Math Games App"
- Author: Todd Cherner & Jennifer Anderson, APPEd review - Category: Best apps for math games (EN)
- "this is the most fun kids' app we've had the pleasure of testing in a long time! [...] it's enjoyable, very educational, and the increasing difficulty and variety of achievements give it tons of replay value. It's the ideal way to keep your math skills in shape[...]"
- Author: Jamie BeNative, Smatoos.com - Smart Education, Smart People, Smart World. The Smart Learning (EN)
- "Verrückt nach Pi und Co."
- Author: Maike Wessolowski, mittelhessen.de (GER)
- "Vos enfants son réfractaires aux mathématiques? Peut-être que Blackboard Madness: Math sur iPhone/iPad sera la solution!"
- Author: P., Videogames Pockett (FR)
- Pre-Release Anouncement on connect, largest magazine on telecommunication in Europe
- Author: The-Khoa Nguyen, connect - Europas größtes Magazin zur Telekommunikation (GER)
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Marios Mouratidis (B.A. Literary-, Cultural and Media Studies, Language and Communication)
Founder, Game Designer
Labby Le Grande
PhD in Applied Mathematics, Math Enthusiast, Math Tutor